Conditions of the tour
- We require a minimum of participants to realize each tour (see the chosen tour for details). If the minimum number of participants is not reached within 21 days of the tour; we reserve the right to propose a supplement per participant or an alternative tour of equal value or a full refund.
- Gekko safari reserves the right to take out at any time from the tour any person whose behavior is considered a danger to the security of other passenger. No refund will be considered in this instance
- Each passenger should follow the guide’s advice and any rules and regulations to obey.
- A deposit of 25% is required at the time of booking.
- Full payment is due 14 days prior to departure to secure your reservation.
- All prices are in Australian dollars and include Australian government Goods and Services tax (where applicable).
- In case of a cancellation the following costs will be incurred:
- At 30 days and more of the departure of the tour, 25% of the total cost
- Between 30 and 15 days of the departure of the tour, 50% of the total cost
- Between 14 and 7 days of the departure of the tour, 75% of the total cost
- Less than 7 days of the departure of the tour, 100% of the total cost
- We strongly advise that you take out travel insurance at the time of booking to cover unforeseen circumstances that may arise; Gekko tours and its employees are not responsible for sickness, injury, emergency repatriation loss of personal effects, cancellations, delays, or modification during the tour.
- All extra costs resulting from such problems will be at the charge of the client.
- Itineraries are subject to change without notice and intended as a guide only.
- We reserve the right to change accommodation, and vehicles due to road or weather conditions, mechanical failure, public holidays, strikes, cultural and local events. Any additional expenses incurred by the passenger are not Gekko tours responsibility.
- Gekko tours can give no guarantee as to the exact arrival and departure times of the tour and we will not be liable for failure to make connections with other services or attractions.
- These circuits were designed in order to satisfy active customers rather than sporting and having a spirit of adventure.
- The common point being the open-minded and an interest for nature and walks.
- The majority of visits and excursions are included in the itinerary. However some optional activities may be chosen time permitting. For example helicopter flights over kings Canyon, Camel ride etc.
- We accept no responsibility for these optional activities chosen by the client.
- Children are to be supervised by their parent or guardian at all times.
- Children under 6 years old are not permitted to travel on our scheduled safari tours.
- Some tours operate in remote areas and include some hiking. Passengers should be reasonably fit and healthy. We should be advised of any medical condition prior to accepting a booking. Gekko may require a certificate from their doctor authorizing the passenger to travel.
- Due to limited space we ask that the total weight of luggage does not exceed 15kg.
- Along with a small day pack.
- Hard bowl suitcases or voluminous articles will not be accepted. Baggage is at owner’s risk.
- All our vehicles are accredited through the Department for transport accreditation program and are inspected regularly. We also carry HF radios and medical kits on board. We ask each passenger to respect a seat rotation.
- Smoking is not permitted within vehicles and penalties in accordance with the Australian law apply.